Sunday 28 September 2014

Anger: Rid Yourself Of It

Anger: Rid Yourself Of It
A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

---Buddha



Man can either make the world a beautiful and peaceful place by simple display of good humor for themselves or turn it to an awful and desolate ground by showing an uncontrollable anger towards each other. Anger makes the beautiful turn ugly, breaks the made, and stops at nothing to turn the sweet to bitter. Anger is the unseen fire in man that burns anyone who allows a little switch in emotion to kindle it in them and also leaves scars on those that encounter the fume.

According to Horace, ‘anger is a short madness’ , this proves  that whenever anyone gets angry, they certainly lose their real self and begins to do things they would never do when they are in their sane state. At the time of anger, we spit fire, voice out foolish things and take desperate actions with an unsound mind. Anger pushes man out of the do’s zone and kicks them into the pool of the don’t(s), where regrets and bitterness is the prize of the actions taken.

Anger is normal in human, but it is only healthy for our lives when it is wisely controlled, the moment it is out of our control, it becomes destructive. Anger is no strength but weakness for any man that allows it to remote their emotions. Anger is quick to destroy a sweet long friendship, beautiful marriages, career, and even lives of the people who live at its mercy. The quality of life we live is dependent upon our ability to put our anger under tight control. Our patience rather than anger makes us to be more glorified than a warrior; a man who conquers a city should not expect the blessings that a man of self-control gets.

For many years i suffered from anger, i know within me that i hate to be angry, i feel really happy when i am at peace with people in my life and i don’t want anything for whatsoever reason to terminate the joy i gain from it. Often, i try to do everything i could at my power not to wrong and hurt people in my life or do things that display me stepping on their toes and expecting others to treat me well, the same way i do to them. One thing i refused to know on time is that if you don’t hurt people they may possibly hurt you, and when some people hurt you, it doesn’t mean their actions are completely intentional. And after coming to understanding of some things in life, i have asked myself many times, how i am so sure i don’t offend or hurt people with my so called values, choices, principles, decisions, actions and attitudes ? Finding an answer to this, helped me come to a conclusion that ‘my own best food could be my neighbor’s poison and vice-versa’ this makes us different people existing in each other’s world, we just have to accept each other’s imperfection and grow together in love.

Many developed the habit of anger as result of the kind of home they come from or due to the environment they grew up in.

For me, i was the last child of my family with brothers and sisters far much older than i am, i grew facing the challenges of giving in to the opinions and directives of my elder ones which many times doesn't go right with me. There are lot of times, when i have a good understanding of a situation and know the right step to take but i can’t because i am in a kind of autocratic settings where my ideas doesn’t count because i happened to be the youngest dude in the family who is assumed to have little or no understanding about life issues. I developed rebellious spirit and would stop at nothing to crack the skull of whoever tries to oppress, intimidate or belittle me, even though i position myself as a peace-loving person, this attitude always hit me when i am finally cornered and can’t bear the mess people do to me, and many times i spark at every signal of any bullshit from people. After having to deal with regrets of my anger in several situations, i came to my senses and knew anger would do me no good than harm. I have to come enjoy my life more when i learnt to keep quiet instead of get mad, often i find a good time to express my feelings to whoever is concerned. I knew i had victory of anger, when a lady i worked with did all kind of things to get me angry and all i did was to calm myself and smile. On a particular day, as funny as it could be, she begged me to please get angry at her and when i did otherwise; she said to me ‘you are not a normal person’, then i said inside of me ‘if refusing to be angry is the secret to a peaceful mind for me then i don’t want to be normal’. Don’t let anyone succeed in making you angry, it is their only way of passing their frustration to you.

It would be a joyful thing if man can know the right degree, at what time, for which purpose, the right way and the right person to get angry at, but we don’t have our touch on this. Someone situations requires a fierce reaction and when such attention is given they set the wrongs right and makes the insane come back to their senses but who knows when a violent response towards a situation would make everything worse or jeopardize the things we greatly cherish? Anger is not the answer to our confrontations and challenges but patience and wisdom. Every time we allow anger in us, we definitely chase out peace; peace always eludes an angry man.

An angry man suffers the pains of his anger more than who he rages at; it is to his glory to overlook offences. We are wise when we patiently handle the situations of our life; we become engulfed in folly when we let anger dominate over our life affairs. All in all, anger is a strong enemy of your soul, if allowed to have its way in you; its goal is to break you down and deprive you of a quality life you aspire for, rid yourself of it.

Today, start to rid yourself of anger and fulfillment in life is not far-fetched from you. I wish you a fulfilling life here on earth.

God Loves  You
Ogundipe Clement Shola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion