Sunday 11 May 2014

Who Cares?

Who Cares?

“My friend...care for your psyche...know thyself, for once we know ourselves, we may learn how to care for ourselves" -Socrates” 
 Socrates

1 Peter 5:7-9 (NIV)
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Psalm 145: 8-9
8 The Lord is gracious and compassionate; slow to anger and rich in love.
9 The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

There is one thing that I desire and wish I could gain, it may not count for many but it is the most important thing in life for me, and this is nothing than ability to turn deaf ears to news of calamities and possession of the insuperable power to influence change of havoc to absolute peace, seeing to it that everything that fell apart has fallen back into place magically and beautifully. One thing keeps beating me since I was a little boy that can give meaning to the pictures seen on the TV, newspaper and the voices from the radio. I dread so much every time I hear or know of any bad occurrence, whenever I hear of ruinous damage, death, sickness, armed robbery and so on, I suddenly swing mood, and feel bitter and sick because I always have that strange feelings that the evil events took place just right inside of me.

Aside the news on TV, Newspaper and radio, i can still remember very well of a particular radio program called ‘Nkan be’ which tells of terrible things happening around the world but Nigeria in particular, this radio program gained the mind of people and is broadcasted on several radio stations and TV channels, spreading news of havoc and calamities, all in the name of creating awareness and sensitizing people to be careful and beware of possible atrocities of their neighbors.  The atmosphere is always filled with fear after the program comes to an end before another episode. I feel very offended every time this program is on, the most painful thing is that it was tuned to by everyone in my neighborhood and everyone keeps the volume of their TV and Radio so loud that you can hear it from three houses away, I always say to myself then, there is no escape for you boy, all I end up doing is try as much as I can to close my ears and make my mind like nothing was happening around me. I hated every program that spread news of bad events with passion. As I grow older, i discovered that I am just that person whose mind only wants to feed on delicacy called good news.

I do ask myself, who cares?  Is it the man whose daily activities is centered on digging and spreading the bad news or  those that have great expectations for another  episode of  the showcase of evil events or  is it me that never want to hear bad news but only good news? I don’t want bad news but only good news because I want it to be well always with people and their properties; I always see it that the victim(s) of this evil occurrences could have been me or any of my loved ones and properties, if it does not happen to us today, who can tell where the stone of sorrow would strike tomorrow? This kind of thought feels my mind every now and then when I hear of terrible things happening around the world.

The saying that ‘Bad news is good news’ baffles and annoys me, we are in a world where people lay in the corner of their rooms and offices waiting for another heavy dose of sad news and as people are earnestly waiting the so called bad news, they are never disappointed because they keep getting it even beyond what they called for.

How sweet would it be if a day could be when the newspaper, radio stations, TV stations would have no stupid disheartening news to peddle? I know many people would lose their job because they can’t place their hands on bad news, many organizations would cease to exist and many people’s heart would be broken when they do not have sad news at their table that they can discuss and argue about. I think it’s a crazy thing to think the world would not go round if bad news stops to gain dominance over the air. I may sound perverse to many, because news of terrible things is now aligned with our daily routine and maybe what I desire is possible only in the world that exist in my mind. I have figured out from virtually all news that many chooses to perpetrate evil to gain senseless popularity. Today, people don’t only rise to fame by involving in good and great works that influence humanity positively, the crazy ones who is determined to do dangerous things they believe to be right, causes harm to themselves and others, also  automatically becomes popular, this happens because we celebrate the bad news equally or even above the good news and it is our delight to talk about it from house-road-office and everywhere, and this devils gain confidence to cause more frustrating events to take place because they knew they would sure be talked about and now evil doers see it as the best way to control the mind of people.

The world is in disarray because we have chosen good and bad threads to knit it, and now for those who want to be happy and have decided to bless humanity, the only way round about it, is to stay positive in a negative world. As the end time draws near, we just can’t sit and let the evil displace goodness completely, we have to take charge and frustrate the actions of the devil. It is time we pray more, preach good news over bad news and show love to one another rather than screaming loud the works of evil ones just for the sake of it when we know deep down our mind of our selfish thoughts that ‘as long as me and my house is safe and fine, I will just join in the noise making to prove I am part of the screamers’.

I have read and heard about Noah in the bible, my curiosity to have pictorial version of it, made me to watch the movie ‘Noah’ which is a story of “a man chosen by the world's creator to undertake a momentous mission before an apocalyptic flood cleanses the world”. As it is written in the bible, the story depicts how people of the time of Noah failed to recognize and do the will of God, how God commanded Noah to build an ark to save each kind of animals from the deluge. After the end of the flood, life continued again through the family of Noah and here we are, still dwelling in a world where evil is the order of the day, having no fear of destruction that may strike mankind.

Everyone needs to remember that no man would get out of this life alive, and that is the more reason everybody should collectively make this world a better place for coming generation because no one knows when the end of the world would be, the answer lies in the hand of God, because for a thousand years in His sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Who cares? Remember if no one cares, God cares. His mercy endures forever and His goodness extends to the ends of the Earth. Let’s make our ways right before God by reconciling with Him; He is ready to accept us. The blessings of God await those that follow His commandments, and above all, love your God and love your neighbor as yourself.

If we could love God for His love towards us, cherish ourselves and show love to others, we are assured of peace in the world and a start of a new beginning of joy for mankind.

God bless you; remain a blessing to the world.

God Loves You
Ogundipe Clement Shola
shollyclem@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/ogundipe.c.shola

     Refuse To Submit To Limitation. For more motivational write ups like this follow us on twitter and like our page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion