Sunday 4 May 2014

Where Hath Your Motivation Come From?

Where Hath Your Motivation Come From?

I remember someone said to me it's not good to be too optimistic and i see, that statement belongs to those who cannot visualize where their dreams leads them and are not ready to give it, all they have to make their dreams come true. Hey friend, keep the fire inside of you burning and do everything you can to disappoint the thoughts of those who see your dreams as chasing after the wind.
--
Ogundipe Clement Shola

An unexamined life is not worth living.
–Socrates

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.
–Aristotle

All of my life, until now, i have been motivated by inspirational statements people have made to me and i will never forget the disheartening statements from people, which almost crippled the strong man in me. But as situation of life gets clearer to me and i began to gain wisdom and understanding on how to handle the situations of life, life has become more meaningful and every situation i face gives me direction because i choose to listen to their voice, understand their tongues and the interpretation of their gimmicks.

It is almost two years now, when a friend who relocated to Saudi Arabia called me and in the course of our conversation said to me and i quote “Clement, i see you becoming so mega in the next five years, I don’t know how you will do it but you will become mega”. I became speechless because this is really prophetic and what else could I do than to claim it, open my inner mind to foresee how mega i really want to be, tighten my girdle and focus my energy on making this a reality and never stop going, even when hell appear as i journey on. Few days ago, I remembered this guy and what he said to me, then I said to myself laughing ‘you have got three years more, to make your friend a prophet whose prophecies comes true’. I have promised myself that I will never rest until my good is better and my better best, when the five years is due, I know he would reach me and say you are there, then I will say to him, I am on the train of super mega making. I am bold to say this, because only the heart that will, has the capacity to receive and make happen.

I  decided to use myself and my life as a case study, just to show i have my fears and flaws but i have made up my mind never to let them cloud my thinking and cripple the muscles where my strength lies. Someone said to me that, ‘i have always seen you like a perfect person who just know how to handle your situations, but look at me, I find myself always in a bunch of mess’, I was silent for a while then I spoke up, and told the person of how rough my situations has always been but my reactions to them only made them smooth, i had to open my life’s files for the person to see how crooked my places have been but they became straight whenever i respond wisely, positively, patiently and persistently to them and lean on God where my motivation and help comes from. You can always tap into this  Isaiah 45:1-3 (KJV) 1Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

 This is HIS promise for those who call unto Him when their strength fails and they are swept off their feet by oceans of challenges and confrontations.

In every events of life, you will always be left with two options, to deal with your challenges well and be happy, or let your challenges manipulate you and be left miserable. It is high time you examine your life and judiciously screen out your source of energy when weakness set in and know where river of motivation flows from when your heart is weary. I have trained my mind to tap strength and motivation from two channels, Channels 1: Praise, exhortation and encouragement from people who believes in me and sees the aurora of greatness and beauty around me. Channel 2: Criticism, dislike, and discouragement from people who thinks nothing good can come out of my Nazareth.

Praises are good; it makes us feel we have done something worthwhile and hence we dear to do more. Exhortation and encouragement helps us realize we've got potential to do the things we think are impossible and tough, this eventually helps us achieve mind blowing results.

Criticism has the force to break and tear the wall of people’s life, if it is not constructive. Dislike and discouragement is an element that carries along with it the power to make people drop their dreams, goals and pursuit, they sing a song that leaves you frustrated and lose hope when you should still go on.

People get motivated when they receive praises for anything they do, but it can also make people relaxed and feel arrived when they should still continue to stretch beyond yield point. Praises are good but should only be utilized as a source of motivation to do better and become more. A house filled with encouragement and exhortation is a house of blessings, goodness and productivity, every house holder has the tendency to do great things.

Anywhere under the sun where a person is fed with negativity such as criticism, dislike and discouragement, such a person is bound to fail, fall, faint and live in depression. Yet, I believe if it is properly handled, if you don’t let it get into you and you just see it like trash that must be burnt off, then a life of peace and success is guaranteed. Negativity and positivity are meant to make men gain balance in life, if one can only learn to tap what is most important from both sides.

Where hath your motivation come from? It comes from positive things like praises, exhortation and encourage from events of life and people around you. It also come from negative things such criticism, dislike and discouragement because it push you to do better and frustrate the actions and effect of negative people and devastating conditions, negativity if well treated leaves you happy and render your mockers disappointed.

God is all round you, solidly behind you to make all things work together for your good, if you can only lean on Him in every challenges and confrontation. Keep succeeding and stay on top of your situation.

God Loves ♥ You
Ogundipe Clement Shola
shollyclem@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/ogundipe.c.shola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion