Wednesday 4 September 2013

16-Years-Old female Nigerian Producer To Work On Drake's Upcoming Album.


It’s between beats and homework for 16-year-old producer Wondagurl. Riding high off her success from the Jay Z and Travi$ Scott-assisted “Crown” from Hov’s twelfth platinum studio album Magna Carta Holy Grail, the young Canadian-Nigerian beatsmith, real name Ebony Oshurinde, reveals she’s in talks with Drake for a potential spot on his highly anticipated LP Nothing Was The Same.

“We went into the studio here in Toronto,” she told Hollywood Reporter. “He wants a banger. That’s what he told me. So that is what I am going to make him. “The studio session wasn’t very long, “I had to go because my mom was calling me home.”

Although still in her teen years, Wondagurl is shooting for possible collaborations with Kendrick Lamar, Pusha T, Timbaland and Keri Hilson in the future, along with high school graduation.

“I’ll just continue to make beats at my house after I’ve done my homework,” she says.

Although Wondagurl has yet to meet Mr. Carter himself, she’s satisfied with receiving his approval via Twitter, and praise from peers Jonah Hill along with advice from Jill Scott.

“She told me that I needed to stand up for myself as a woman in the industry,” she said. “I notice that a lot of people will go on my Twitter and say, ‘Wow I really respect her because she is a female.’ Before all of the beat battle stuff I thought there were a lot of female producers. Now that I am in the industry, I see that there are none. It would be great to see more females in the game. You are never too young to just do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion