Sunday 25 January 2015

Feeling Empty? Fill It Up!

Feeling Empty? Fill It Up!


“Emptiness which is conceptually liable to be mistaken for sheer nothingness is in fact the reservoir of infinite possibilities.” 
--- 
D.T. Suzuki

I'll tell you this: You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
---Gary Busey

Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
---Malcolm Forbes

Now and then, someone is able to look at an empty space, conclude it would be a great place to start a revolution, and bravely go forward.
---Henry Rollins

When I was in my junior high school, i learnt a lesson through an unpleasant situation that changed the way I reason and also forced out the love for writing in me. As a teenager who wants to feel among my peer group by doing what they also do, i tried to talk with a girl about how much I liked her and would want her to be my girlfriend, what happened next was beyond my expectation; she went directly to the principal of our school to report me and I was called to be questioned, when it was confirmed from me that the story was true, the principal talked to me and punished me. My punishment then was to buy a particular type of notebook and write on the entire columns and pages ‘I will never do this again’ with three pens of different colors which are (Red, Blue and Green) for a period of one week. I wrote this, day and night so I could meet up with the deadline, my fingers ached so badly and i missed playtime and other things just to fulfill the punishment. When I finished the writings and went to submit the notebook of my ‘I will never do this again’, the principal sat me down and said to me ‘Clem, I believe in you and I gave you this type of punishment so that you can learn to use your time for better things rather than going after unnecessary things at your age, I hope you have learnt your lessons’. After the meeting with him, I developed the love for writing my own stories because I was a fan of reading story books and novels, and I also tried to draw and paint the characters in my stories with my pen which I had bought when I was given the punishment. Few months later I had written ten stories and other stories from three of my friends which one of them was the son of the proprietress of our school were added, compiled and submitted to the school, the proprietress was really glad and promised she may publish it and throughout my years in the school, she had made reference to the storybook I wrote with my friends when counseling other students. My experiences in life has made to see that on every blank page is a possibility of great writings, paintings and drawings, on every empty ground is a possibility of green pasture and on every empty mind is a chance of the spring of magnificent idea and beauty. When you feel empty, it’s a signal to fill it up.

Let’s quickly check out what the beginning of life on earth looks like, in reference to the first book of the Bible Genesis 1 (NIV) ‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters’. This clearly gives a clear picture of a kind of earth none of us would wish to visit not to even think of living in because of its formlessness, emptiness and darkness but God has proved to us and thought us to see beyond formlessness, darkness and emptiness through His magnificent creations which we are one of and given dominion over the rest because He designed us in his likeness and image which affirm we are small gods who carry the DNA of the omnipotent God to achieve endless possibilities.

There are times in life when we feel so empty, in darkness and don’t know what the future holds, and when you look at the mirror, you see a person with such a life without form but these moments are an awakening time and a new beginning for you to call into your life light to displace darkness, fill your life with the right people who are ready to support you to pick yourself up and achieve your new set goals and your life will definitely take a new shape. Life’s journey is like a wave, you have to travel through mountains and valleys repeatedly, sometimes we are on top of the mountain and at times we are down the valley but whenever you found yourself downhill, you must pick up by mountaineering again and again.

A lot of people are broken, stuck and drowning because they don’t have trustworthy people to lean on or maybe through their mistakes have pushed the good people in their life away. We all need people to share our joy, blessings, and love with, this is to let the happiness circulate and hmmn we also need to share our pain, sorrow, and worries with others to let the burdens off our heart. You need me and I need you, we need us, wealth and riches may gladden our hearts and make our lives comfortable but one thing makes our lives to be more beautiful and sparkling, they are good friends and families, without them our lives is empty and in darkness. The craziness of the world has been, the more money you have, the more space you buy for yourself and less people to fill it, the rich live in mansions with ten(s) of rooms and no one ever sleep in many of it while some are homeless. Many rich cry in the corner of their room and many poor still find time to smile on the street, riches and poverty shouldn't define us, let there be love shared among us.

In life you have got to keep your head up, nothing should hold you back from going after your dreams; make your imaginations a reality. The emptiness you experience right now is a need to grow, to take a leap of faith and maximize your potential, let the sleeping giant in you wake up and overcome all the dwarfs posing to be bigger than you and scaring you from achieving your life’s purpose here on earth. If you've got an idea on your mind, write it down, share it with the right people who will counsel and help you in achieving them, give it your whole energy, go by this strength you have got, the moment you start you will gain  the momentum to continue and achieve it. Don’t worry where the road leads you, if the idea is good to you and would positively impact humanity, keep travelling and reaching for it, the relevant forces of life will aid you in making it come true.

In all your doings, get wisdom, get understanding and get knowledge. Renew your mind everyday with the right information that gets you going, keeps the fire burning in you and makes you equipped for your goals, prepares you and gets you ready for the challenges that comes with it. Education helps you to gain stamina not to slip, the more you educate yourself about every area of your life the more balanced your life becomes; an informed mind is a reformed mind.

Look at the empty space in your life today and see it as an ample opportunity for a momentous change in your life, summon the courage to reach for greater things and you will definitely be a beautiful explosion. In all things, seek God because He is all in all and every other thing will become a plus for you. If God being the master of the universe and He is the owner of the earth and the fullness thereof, then you must stay connected to this invisible and omniscience God because He can fill the empty space in your life with wonders.

I must congratulate you because right about now, the unbelievable strength and grace to keep your head up to see the light and turn the empty space in you into a land of wonders and beauty will come alive, i see you above your limitation. Keep reaching for the fullness of God in you.


God Loves  You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion