Sunday 6 April 2014

Time Up

Time Up !


I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish HE didn't trust me so much.
---Mother Teresa

Looking back, you realize that a very special person passed briefly through your life, and that person was you. It is not too late to become that person again.
---Robert Brault

All men are sculptors, constantly chipping away the unwanted parts of their lives, trying to create their idea of a masterpiece.
---Eddie Murphy

On a particular night, I was so tired and I needed sleep more than anything in the world. A friend who was with me was curious to know why I was in that form, I told him the details of my day and he shook his head, then he said to me in our local dialect ‘ojo iku lojo isinmi’ which means ‘we rest the day we bid the world good-bye’, I mean when death takes you away from your loved ones and battles of life. This statement hit me hard like I have never heard it before; I didn't have time to think about it as I wish, I just wanted to shut my eyes and forget myself on the couch where I was lying. After sleeping for about three hours, I woke up at 1.20 a.m. and discovered there is an alert on my mind, which reminds me that I have something unattended to. The statement my friend made before I slept was so big in my mind, as if I have never heard it or said it before. Then I rose up, took a glass of water and went back to the couch to sit and began to meditate over the statement, my mind starts to write the movie The beginning and the end of man’, I immediately began to see in my mind a woman who made available the egg in her ovary for millions of sperm to contest to fertilize it. The most determined, fittest and ready for life of all the struggling sperm eventually wins and develops into fetus, the struggle to make it out of the mother’s womb continues, some are aborted and some don’t make it out no matter the level of the mother’s hygiene, and for the survivor of the womb saga, some make it out premature and the rest are matured with different health conditions, the survivors are you and I. After passing through the gateway to life, the first test is to learn how to cry while the welcoming party smiles and laugh, and thereafter you can join them in the laughter and that is when your mission on earth begins because you are here for a purpose.

I have always pondered on the idioms ‘life is not a bed of roses’ but I choose to challenge it that ‘life is a bed of roses with its thorn in place, I ask, is roses without thorns?’ As there are two sides to a coin, so do life; life is ugly and beautiful, life is bitter and sweet, life is rough and smooth, life is thick and thin, life is pain and gain and life is cross and crown, our take on life determines what we get. I believe strongly that life never stop even if you choose to stop, I don’t believe the life of any man ever stays stagnant, it is either you live and live indeed or you die, nothing stay ever the same, there is either a break-down or a build-up. The Sun and the moon never stop to take their place, and the Earth will not stop to rotate because of you, you just have to keep moving and manifest the masterpiece God designed you to be. My heart cries for those for those who choose to stop fighting and lose out in the battle of life; there is no crown for them because they are scared to carry their cross. I am shouting and I hope my scream can quicken your mind to wake up from your slumber and put on back your armor, take up your sword and fight to overcome battles of life, this is your mission, fulfill it!

Time up slumberer! Time up, you are not a weakling! Time up coward, face your reality! You are bigger than your situations, you are not to dwell in your failure, know this, you have failed to succeed. Your setbacks are not meant to break you down; it is a setup for your comeback. You are down and now comfortable enjoying the savor of bitterness because you lost your marriage, you lost your job, you lost a beloved, you lost your face in the family, among colleagues and friends because you made a mistake no one has ever made, you think too much of yourself being the only one everywhere you go to be a person with nothing good to offer, you were abused for years and you can’t get the picture out of your head, and nothing seems to be working in your life as far as you can see. I like to remind you at this spot, of one thing you have forgotten to appreciate and hold on to, this is the chance of making the script of your life continue with events of good and great things because you are alive, when there is life, there is always hope. Something interesting about your life is that, it will move from tragedy to comedy, this is the end many people love to see when they watch a movie because after a time like this, they beam with smile and happy they did, but a movie that starts, making people elated and ends tragic always succeeds in making the subconscious mind of people to click the moody mode.

How long will you brood over your mistakes? How long will you weep over your loss? How long will you continue to look down on yourself? How long will you beat and punish yourself for the wrong someone did to you? How long will you be in shackles of things you are bigger and tougher than? How long will you allow darkness to have its claws tightly gripping your life? When will you wake up from your slumber, face reality and strike dead the giant that torments your life? You need to ask yourself these questions, and be sincere with yourself. Your answers to them, tell how much you love yourself, because if you love yourself, it will help you see that, even in the dark cloud is a silver linen and there is no end to the hope of a man that is alive. The future and its pleasant surprises are still there for you!

Time up! You have stayed too long in your bitterness, sorrow, self-destruct, low self-esteem, fear, and the dark side of life. The dark side of life would continue to tear, break and destroy you, it’s high time you get out, flap your wings and fly away to the bright side of life. Run, run for your dear life, the bright side where there is joy, peace, happiness, goodness, love, gain, light, confidence, sweetness and pleasant surprise awaits you. These sweet things have been here for a long time waiting for you, if you don’t claim it, no one can because it is definitely and specially reserved for you and you only. Say to yourself, no more crying, no more worry, no more pain, I am free!

It is never too late to pick yourself up, don’t you think it would be a great thing, if someday people begin to use the story of your life to motivate other people who may likely want to put their legs into like shoe you forsake and burnt, for you to become a brand new person, telling of how you claimed back your life back from destabilizing forces and vices that planned to destroy you. How sweet do you find it to your soul if someday your story uplifts people to know that nothing can break them except they give in and motivate them to face their challenges to be fulfilled in life? Imagine the story of your life bringing change to lives and impacting humanity, think about this.

It’s never late to make your dreams come true and follow your passion. You can become the person you want to be, you can still have the kind of life you want, and nothing will stop you gaining this except you. Speak to your inner man and energize him to charge up and refuse to submit to a low life but a life of abundance and excellence. You are a winner and not a looser, who falls but must rise, who fails but must succeed, and who lose but will win again, enjoying every phase of life as it comes.

God have His trust in you because HE has wonderfully and fearfully fashioned you for tough and great challenges of life to conquer, overcome and be fulfilled. Inside of you lay greatness and might to do the impossible and unbelievable. God will never put you to shame by making you encounter what you can’t handle, if you feel anything is bigger than you, run back to Him, He is bigger and greater than anything, He is above all power, all thrones, all nations and all the ways of man. Once again time up, move out of that land of misery, there is every good thing you desire on the other side, and just be prepared to claim it under the leadership of the Most High God. Have a super-fantastic week of newness!

God Loves You
Ogundipe Clement Shola
shollyclem@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/ogundipe.c.shola

     Refuse To Submit To Limitation. For more motivational write ups like this follow us on twitter and like our page on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion